Thursday, June 28, 2018

Q&A with Miss Jude


Q & A with Miss Jude
By Chelsea Morning
Find out how Chicory Hill Herbs came to be, and what the universe is trying to tell us.
My early memories of my mama are of her knee deep in our garden, lush green plants surrounded us, the dirt of the earth supporting us.  We’d husk corn on the porch and snap green beans into baskets. In the mornings, I would follow her, with bare feet through our small grove of fruit trees, watch her inspect and admire their branches, leaves, fruit. It was in this way she taught me to be wild, and strong, and healing.
She speaks the language of plants, she moves in the way of a woman healer, the forest is in her bones, and like a wise medicine woman, she carries bags filled with herbs, roots fill her pockets and she always knows the right weed for the job.  She is the mother of Chicory Hill Herbs;
  1. How and when did you first get the idea to start Chicory Hill Herbs?
I had injured myself working as a nurse at SVHS and I knew I would not be able to continue working at such a physical job until retirement, so I decided to do something I knew a little about: helping people maintain health.
  1. Why did you name it Chicory Hill Herbs?
Chicory is a beautiful plant, but it is also a survivor. It grows in the most difficult of soils and under poor conditions. I wanted Chicory Hill Herbs to be that type of business.
  1. What has working with herbs taught you over the years?
I have learned that you do not need exotic herbs from far- away places when you have all you need right in your own backyard.

10 little questions (because it’s the little things that matter so much)
  1. What noise do you love? Laughter
  1. What’s your favorite smell? Spices like cinnamon, or cardamom.
  2. What flower do you love? Lilac
  3. What’s your favorite room in the house? My doll room.
  4. Do you have a spirit animal? Yes, a black panther.
  5. Who was one of your favorite bands/groups as a teen? The Kinks
  6. What’s your go to herb? Chamomile
  7. What’s your favorite essential oil? Frankincense
  8. What’s your favorite gemstone? Smoky quartz
  9. What is the universe trying to tell us? This is the year of the women. A return of the mother and the rise of the sacred feminine. The world is ready for more self-assured women and the men who support them. Women are the change the world has been waiting for.